April 7th, 2020
I hope wherever you are in the world – whether at home with loved ones or on the front lines fighting this pandemic – that you are staying healthy and safe. We thank you for your patience and understanding over the last few weeks. I wanted to touch base and let our families know that we will be extending our payment deadline to May 8th, 2020.
We know you’re most likely at home right now as most states have implemented mandatory shelter at home orders. We are all experiencing a higher level of stress than normal because of the many challenges during this trying time. Many of us are juggling homeschooling our children while working from home. It’s a difficult time, but… It is also a time where we can and ARE pulling together in faith, support, love, and hope for each other.
Government officials are saying it looks like we will be experiencing the apex of the COVID-19 virus health effects in our country over the 7 to 10 days. With so many other things to have to think about, we felt the necessity to support our camper families with removing one decision from their plate. We feel very good that in a month we will have a lot more certainty around the possibility of running our camps with the exception of MBA and MBI which are cancelled this coming summer.
With so many of our camper families remaining hopeful and supporting us, we felt pushing our payment deadline back a month was the right thing to do.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 910.686.4611, 9am – 4pm, Monday – Friday.
April 7th, 2020
As a result of the uncertainty of COVID-19 we are having to unfortunately cancel our Marine Biology Adventure and Marine Biology Immersion programs for this summer. With this extremely unique and special program being centered around the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center, we need to take extra precautions to protect the health and wellness of the hospital staff, as many fall within the high risk category.
We know you and your families will be disappointed that camp is not proceeding this summer. We are also feeling a great loss as these programs are some of the most wonderful opportunities for teens to grow and thrive through immersive, hands-on, feet-wet experiential marine biology education.
Because of this program’s competitive enrollment process, limited availability, and current wait list, we are moving straight into enrolling for summer 2021. You can choose one of two options:
- You can receive a full refund.
- You can ensure your spot in 2021 and transfer your deposit and enrollment paperwork to next summer. Your tuitions price will be grandfathered.
We sincerely appreciate all the amazing words of encouragement you have given us. We exist to serve our camper families and the efforts of the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center. Our mission is near and dear to our heart, so we are very thankful for you and your support during this time .
Feel free to call us at 910.686.4611, 9am – 4pm, Monday – Friday with any questions. Please respond to this email with your decision your by May 1th, 2020.
We hope and pray that you and your family stays healthy and we look forward to welcoming your camper in summer 2021.
March 31st, 2020
I hope this message finds you and your family healthy and in good spirits. I wanted to touch base and let our families know that we will be extending our payment deadline to April 8th, 2020. For our families on the April 1 autopay, your credit cards will NOT be charged tomorrow. We are still working hard to ensure your camper will have the best summer yet. We appreciate your continued support and patience during this time.
We are committed to remaining transparent with our camper families. Currently, we are operating as if our summer programs will run as scheduled and are maintaining financial commitments with our vendors. Our management and administrative team are still fully employed and working remotely from the safety of their homes with full access to our phones and computer systems.
We extend our sincere thanks to you for your ongoing support and words of encouragement. We live for the magic of camp and remain hopeful that summer 2020 will be a go!
March 24th, 2020
As a family-run business, we have always felt so connected to and grateful for our camper families—in many ways you’re an extension of our own family. As we enter our 19th summer of operation, our team is so thankful to have had the opportunity to educate and inspire so many participants and look forward to this summer being no different.
As the global effect of coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are firmly committed to the health and safety of our staff, while planning for our upcoming summer to serve our camper families. We are closely monitoring the changing situation and will be complying with public health guidance.
For those of us now who have our kids at home, our everyday lives have been altered. However, it is our hope that things will return to normalcy later this spring. In the meantime, our team will be working hard providing the high-quality program planning, customer service, and support you depend on from us.
We have been speaking with families about COVID-19 and how it may impact their summer plans. We are committed to remaining transparent with our families and want you to remain confident in enrolling your camper in our programs. Right now, we are operating as if our summer programs will run as scheduled.
The well-being and safety of our campers and staff is our first priority. We are closely monitoring all recommendations including travel, from trusted sources such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), WHO and the U.S. State Department.
We will continue to evaluate how conditions evolve as we get closer to summer. You can sign up for the CDC newsletter here, which will provide weekly emails about the COVID-19 outbreak.
In the event that we deem it necessary to cancel your 2020 program you will have the following options:
For enrollments prior to March 19th, 2020:
- A full refund will be offered by check and mailed to you within thirty days of the date your program is cancelled.
- You will be able to roll over any money already paid to secure a spot in our 2021 program and we will lock in our 2020 prices for you.
For enrollments received after March 19th, 2020
- Any payments received will be rolled over to secure a spot for your camper for summer 2021. A refund will not be issued and your tuition rate will be grandfathered to any price increases.
We will continue to update this page with relevant updates and information and provide direct communication to our enrolled families and instructors about any new developments.
I am very grateful for the hundreds of clients who have already enrolled as well as all the camper family’s that are still currently enrolling. Thank you so much for your trust and for giving us the opportunity to educate and inspire your children. Our team will continue to work hard in preparation for another great summer!
We extend our sincere thanks to you for your ongoing support and loyal dedication during this challenging time.
We would be happy to discuss options with you or answer any questions you may have. Please call us at 910-686-4611.