To ensure access to a range of well qualified and enthusiastic marine biology students, Sea Turtle Camp encourages those who need financial assistance to apply for partial scholarships to participate in our summer marine biology programs. Our Financial Aid committee carefully considers several factors: family income; ethnic, racial and cultural diversity; teacher references; student essays; and commitment to the program as reflected in the application.
Our goal is to empower financially disadvantaged students to become more environmentally conscious, assume leadership roles and grow in self confidence. Our program changes lives!
The deadline to receive financial aid applications is February 1. If you have previously received financial aid, please do not assume that the same award can be offered again. We strongly believe that everyone should have the chance to experience the magic of sea turtles and their connection towards coastal conservation. Every year we award thousands of dollars to deserving participants. All you have to do is apply, and we will do everything we can.
Download the Financial Aid Application.
Who is eligible for financial aid?
- Any student is eligible, but we only have a limited number of partial scholarships, and they will be awarded to those with the most demonstrated need. If your household makes over $50,000 it is unlikely that you would be awarded a scholarship.
What information is required for the financial aid application?
- Sea Turtle Camp requires a completed application, two teacher references, letter of intent written by the student and the family’s most recent 1040 form.
Can financial aid be used towards any Sea Turtle Camp program?
- No. Scholarships will only be awarded into our flagship Marine Biology Adventure and Marine Biology Immersion programs. Travel programs and scuba camps are not eligible.
How much money is available to a student?
- We only offer partial scholarships, up to 50% off the tuition price. Not included in the price reduction is the cost to transport the student to camp and any additional spending money.
When is the application deadline?
- February 1. However, because our full pay customers come first, the program that you want may no longer be available. To secure a spot in the camp of your choice, you would need to put down a deposit and be prepared to pay the full tuition should you not be awarded financial aid.
What if it’s after February 1 and I haven’t heard anything?
- Please be patient with us as we are still finalizing program placements. You will be notified by either phone or email about your status. All notifications are made by March 1 to accommodate travel planning.
What if I have questions about the financial aid process?
- All questions should be directed to our Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org