Posted by admin | 12.07.2016 | Marine Science, Sea Turtle Camp News, Turtle Talk
Marine Biology Careers – Prepare for Your Future
Gain Experience Today!
Some ways to prepare for your future future career include:
- Take as many science and math courses as possible and make good grades.
- Volunteer with local ocean and environmental focused organizations.
- Become SCUBA certified, as SCUBA is a must-have skill for any marine biologist. Sea Turtle Camp offers both Open Water and Advanced Open Water SCUBA Courses.
- Spend your summer gaining new skills. Enroll in Sea Turtle Camp or another summer marine science program.
Develop Your Skills
- Science and math
- Oral communication
- Problem solving
- Ability to perform experiments
- Interpretation and organization of data
- Working with modern technology
- Conducting research
- Handling scientific equipment
- Working in groups and independently
- Scientific curiosity
Colleges with Marine Science Programs
Many colleges and universities offer strong programs in the marine sciences:
- College of Charleston www.cofc.edu
- Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University www.nicholas.duke.edu
- Hopkins Marine Station, Stanford University www.standford.edu
- Florida State University www.fsu.edu
- North Carolina State University www.ncsu.edu
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography www.sio.ucsd.edu
- Texas A & M University www.tamu.edu
- University of Florida www.ufl.edu
- University of Hawaii www.hawaii.edu
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill www.unc.edu
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington – www.uncw.edu
- University of Washington www.washington.edu
- William & Mary Virginia, Institute of Marine Science www.vims.edu
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution www.whoi.edu