Sea Turtle Camp Travel Information
All participants are responsible for scheduling their flights to arrive and depart from the designated airport at the appointed time (see program list below). Please upload your full flight itinerary from the airline so that we can monitor your progress and let us know of any changes ASAP. Sea Turtle Camp instructors will meet all participants inside of the airport and provide transportation to and from our accommodations. If you are unable to make these times, prior approval must be obtained from the Program Coordinator to ensure we have sufficient staff to meet you. Additional fees may be applied if you cannot arrive in the correct time windows. We always recommend travel insurance.
- Costa Rica: San Jose International Airport (SJO). Arrive: 12-3 pm, Depart: 3-6 pm.
- Hawaii: Honolulu International Airport (HNL). Arrive: 1-4 pm, Depart: 8am-12 pm.
- Florida Keys Scuba: Key West International Airport (EYW). Arrive: 11am-3pm, Depart: 12-3 pm
- Florida Keys Spring Break: Miami International Airport (MIA). Arrive: 11am-3pm, Depart: 12-3 pm
- NC Camps (MBA, MBI, SCUBA): Wilmington Int Airport (ILM). Arrive: 1-2:00 pm, Depart: 1-2:00 pm (12pm-3pm) wiggle room for these programs.
Unaccompanied Minor Services
For all teen travel camps, please be sure to check with your airline regarding their Unaccompanied Minor Policy. If your student will be traveling with an unaccompanied minor service, our office will send you an additional form to complete. Information needed at check-in is the name and address (as it appears on government ID) of the Sea Turtle Camp staff member meeting the student at their arrival gate. Sea Turtle Camp will provide this information the week prior to camp via email. Likewise, the information needed for the returning leg is the name and address (again, as it appears on government ID) of the person meeting the student upon return. Please ensure that you pay the unaccompanied minor fee for both legs of travel. If you pay in advance for the returning leg, the camper must keep the receipt for verification purposes. Sea Turtle Camp is not responsible for this payment.
We have included a summary of some of the major air carriers’ Unaccompanied Minor Policy (see below).
- Alaska Airlines – mandatory coverage for ages 12 and under, optional for 13-17.
- American Airlines – mandatory coverage for ages 14 and under, optional for 15-17.
- Delta Airlines – mandatory coverage for ages 14 and under, optional for 15-17.
- Hawaiian Airlines – mandatory coverage for ages 11 and under, optional for 12-17.
- JetBlue – mandatory coverage for ages 14 and under, optional for 15-17.
- Spirit Airlines – mandatory coverage for ages 14 and under, optional for 15-17.
- United – mandatory coverage for ages 11 and under, optional for 12-17.